In the 118th Congress, expect more oversight of banking/markets regulators, passage of digital assets legislation and legislation that supports economic growth and lower inflation.
Republicans are no longer as friendly to corporate America. Expect attention towards “woke” capitalists and ESG agenda.
Republicans will likely:
- Establish a new subcommittee of the House Financial Services Committee dedicated to cryptocurrency and digital assets.
- CFPB, SEC and other regulators will be a focal point for oversight from both committees, with agency heads Rohit Chopra, Gary Gensler and others in GOP hot seats.
- Work in a bipartisan manner to pass crypto legislation.
- Probe financial services firms’ ties and investments in China.
- Push back against ”woke” and ESG policies within regulatory agencies and Wall Street.