As the Supreme Court’s Roe v. Wade ruling faces a challenge for the first time in years, FGH’s Insights team looked at recent polling around Americans’ views on abortion rights:
- 62% of registered voters say they want the Court to uphold the decision in Roe v. Wade, while 24% want it overturned.
- 53% of Americans claim to be pro-choice and 43% say they’re pro-life.
- 47% of Americans think that abortion is acceptable while 46% of Americans believe it’s morally wrong.
- Americans’ support for Roe v. Wade has increased from 52% to 66% since 1989.
- 46% of Republicans favor overturning Roe v. Wade while just 21% of Democrats say the same.
- 48% say abortion should be legal under certain circumstances, while 32% of adults say it should be legal under all circumstances. 19% believe abortion should never be legal.
- 80% of Democrats say abortion should be legal, while only 35% of Republicans say the same.